Job Description: Manager of Community Development
We’re looking for someone eager to raise funds for a great cause while working in a casual, fun work environment, with a small super friendly staff, 450+ of the best volunteers in the world, and a community that has been so very supportive throughout our 34+ years of service. The Manager of Community Development creates and oversees the implementation of a strategic approach to fundraising focusing on major gifts solicitation, grants, and event sponsorships.
Purpose and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute East Cooper Meals on Wheels’ annual fundraising plan
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Prepare, submit, and track grant applications as outlined in the fund development plan to generate funds for the organization and expand applications in the area of healthcare focused foundations.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications Manager and Business Operations Manager for the planning and execution of special fundraising events and solicit sponsorships for the events.
- Prepare regular reports on progress of grants and individual/business solicitations
- Provide input for the design and content of marketing and communication materials for development efforts.
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- Three-plus years experience in development
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
Proficiency in the use of computer for: Fund raising software (Bloomerang), word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, and Internet/Grant Submissions
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to generate funds
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clearly.
- Focus on Donor Needs: Listen, anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of donors.
- Foster Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others, have fun, smile, and laugh on a regular basis.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, and monitor progress towards goals.
- Flexible: The Manager of Community Development will be required to work selective evenings and weekend days during special events
To Apply – Please forward resume and cover letter to Jenny Ladd at email@example.com or , East Cooper Meals on Wheels, PO Box 583, Mt. Pleasant, SC 29465. Please include a salary requirement.